USDA is offering scholarships to academically qualified students who are enrolled in college-level programs related to agriculture or the biological sciences.
The USDA APHIS is the agency responsible for safeguarding America’s agricultural and natural resources from exotic plant and animal pests and diseases. APHIS’ PPQ program deals specifically with plant health issues.
To apply, you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university within the U.S.
- Be a sophomore or junior in good academic standing (students must maintain at least a 2.5 grade-point average)
- Be enrolled in programs related to agriculture or the biological sciences
- Agree to work for the agency during school breaks (both summer and holiday periods) a minimum of 640 hours prior to completion of studies
Amount Awarded for Scholarship:
This scholarship offers you:
- Financial aid while pursuing a degree (Up to $5,000 in financial assistance each year they are enrolled in a degree program)
- Paid work experience during school breaks (both summer and holiday periods)
- Possible permanent employment upon graduation
Deadline: March before intended year of scholarship