A bachelor’s degree is the standard college degree and it usually takes four years to earn a bachelor’s degree in the U.S. However, a bachelor’s program can be completed in anywhere from two to six years depending on how much time you commit and what type of bachelor’s degree program you choose.
Bachelor’s degrees are offered at thousands of college and universities – both online schools and on campus schools – around the country.
Obtaining a bachelor’s degree typically leads to jobs that deliver a higher income than one or two years of college or just completing high school or your GED. A bachelor’s degree can also prepare you for many different experiences, careers or graduate school.
Types of Bachelor’s Degree Programs Available
There are a number of different types of bachelor’s degrees available available, but the most common ones are Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees. B.S. degrees are geared more towards math and science, whereas B.A. degrees are focused on the arts and humanities.
No matter the type of bachelor degree you decide to work towards, you will have to study a wide range of subjects to get a well-rounded education. The majority of your coursework, though, will be in your chosen area of study.
Featured Schools with Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- Grand Canyon University: Online - Non MilitaryArgosy University Online: Online
CTU - Online: Online
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (B.A.) in Criminal Justice (Concentration)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (B.A.) in Organizational Psychology (Concentration)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (B.A.) in Substance Abuse (Concentration)
National American University - Indianapolis: National American University - North Carolina
- B.S. in Information Technology - Software Application Programming
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Development
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Digital Marketing
Argosy University: Inland Empire (San Bernardino)
- Accounting B.S.
- Business Administration B.S.
- Business Administration Emphasis in Accounting
- Business Administration Emphasis in Financial Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (B.A.) in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.) in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.) in Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.) in Healthcare Management
Questions to Ask About Bachelor’s Degree Programs:
- What area do I want to study (e.g., psychology, education, information technology, culinary arts, allied health, etc.)?
- What career am I interested in pursuing after I graduate with my degree?
- Do I want to study online or on a campus?
- Am I committed to spending the time and money required to earn a degree?
Still have more questions? Talk with one of our education advisors at 1-866-305-8525 to assist you in your search for schools that offer bachelors degrees.